[sdpd] Chemistry Preprint Server closed

For your information (from the chemweb.com web site):
   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

   We regret to announce that the Chemistry Preprint Server (CPS) has stopped
   accepting new submissions from 24 May 2004.

   The CPS will remain a freely available and permanent web archive for those
   chemistry research articles already submitted.

   Please continue to browse and search through the 888 articles submitted
   between July 2000 and May 2004.

   Despite the wide readership of CPS preprints, the chemistry community has
   unfortunately not contributed articles or online comments to this service
   in sufficient numbers to justify further development. The decision has
   therefore been taken to stop the processing of any further submissions.

   We sincerely thank the many enthusiastic supporters of the CPS, notably
   the contributing authors who have chosen to highlight their work via this
   medium. We also thank the advisory board for their guidance. Elsevier has
   been pleased to support this pioneering initiative from its inception.

   Best wishes with your research!

   The CPS Team
   preprint...@chemweb.com

5 of these 888 articles are mines.

A pity (in my opinion, but many IUCr representatives are probably happy).

This could be the consequence of a strong difference between physicists
(having uploaded ArXiv with 277101 preprints :
                  http://arxiv.org/show_monthly_submissions )
and chemists (which seem to include most crystallographers...).

That difference is explained by some experts to be due
to a nearest proximity of chemists (including crystallographers)
with the economic world. Physicists live more in the moon.
Perhaps I am a physicist after all. This is declared on the first
page of my old Thesis.

Armel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM