Re: [sdpd] Philosophy

>Whichever it is, I am happy to tell anybody who wants to listen that I
>have been very impressed with the indexing performance of Topas on the
>problems that I have given it, some of which had not yielded, in my hands,
>to other software.

So, Peter, you have performed your own indexing Round Robin.
Can you send more tangible conclusions to our readers than only
this sentence ?
Not my fault if two commercial programs are shown in black in the indexing
benchmarks results at : http://www.cristal.org/uppw/benchmarks/color.html
I wasted a lot of my time in trying to convince the authors to participate.

About TAUP, all CRYSFIRE calculations were made by Robin
Shirley.

In the philosophical vein, and concerning published results, indeed
they are generally presented as being THE TRUTH (since they are
published they should not be criticized). Just like Alan, I do not
believe too much in that kind of TRUTH.
About the paper to be published, one referee said :
"according to the authors' results ITO is a 'more average
program'? I don't think that this impression of the first
published powerful indexing  program should be given to the
reader."
You see what I mean about THE TRUTH ? It can change,
but some do not want it to change at all.
Anyway, who will remember of any of us and of our published
papers and programs 500 or 1000 years later?-).

Armel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM