[sdpd] Topas Academic and jedit

Dear All,

A quick email to follow up Alan Coelho's recent announcement regarding
the academic version of Topas.

We've recently been using jedit to create and edit Topas input files.
It's a very powerful editor to use with Topas as it lets you e.g.
automatically colour code input files, launch Topas and other programs
from within the editor, and set up short cuts and macros so you don't
have to remember the input file language/code words.

There are full details of setting up jedit for use with Topas on the web at:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/john.evans/topas_academic/topas_main.htm

There are also several on line tutorials introducing various aspects of
jedit and Topas at:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/john.evans/ta_tutorials/TA-Tutorials.html

If there are problems setting up jedit, please let Alan or I know.
Alan's main Topas-academic webpage and contact details are at:

http://pws.prserv.net/Alan.Coelho/

John Evans

--
Dr John S. O. Evans,
Reader in Inorganic and Solid State Chemistry,

Tel: 0191 33 42093
Lab: 0191 33 42052
Fax: 0191 384 4737

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM