RE: [sdpd] TOPAS A

Armel wrote

>Nothing is mysterious.
>On the pages about CRYSFIRE this is clear :
>http://www.cristal.org/uppw/benchmarks/Zkbm04.html
>to have access to details (one page per test is available), see
>at the bottom of this page, on the left, click on C1. The test was
>performed by using the 10 strongest lines.

Thanks Armel. So it seems that the CRYSFIRE TOTAL score should be
modified from +6 two +2 as the rules were broken for data sets A1 and
C1.

This information makes me wonder aboout data set A2 as four lines were
removed which are against the rules. But I will leave this for someone
else.

Now I go back to your original mail directed to me where you wrote:

>Each one of the 10 cases below has to be
>undertaken in automated (if any) and manual modes
>(do not change anything in the data).

If I were to participate then I would obey the rules.

You as an organizer and I guess your name is on the paper as well should
ensure that results are adhered to. I know that this can sometimes be
difficult but in this case it was not hard to unearth the short
commings.

Like I said I applauded you for trying but you must be open to critical
assessment and when it comes to take at its substance and not waiver
into philosophical nonsense. It simply scares the younger from
commenting on this list.

On the point about how you combined the results for ITO13, DICVOL91,
TREOR90 and McMaille; this is flawed from what I think is obvious
reasons.

Take heart though as McMaille did not need to be combined with anything
- it seems a good program.

Stick to the science Armel.
alan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM