Re: [sdpd] powder diffraction data not in crystal structure databases

>It really looks exciting.Why don't you put this question in the Rietveld
>mailing list!!
>There you might get better response.

Not better, the same.

Most Rietveld mailing list subscribers (~1000) are also subscribers
(~450] of the dissident SDPD mailing list. The difference corresponds
to people almost exclusiveley interested in the Rietvel method.

>I am working with Strontium Phosphates.
>I wonder whether I can conclude that this is a new structure?
>I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some information.

I believe that Namsoo Shin has access to all
databases allowing him to answer to his own question.

Is this a new structure ? If you give us as well the exact chemical
composition, this would be easier to help you, seeing if there are not
some possible isostructural compound based on Ba2+ (etc) instead
of Sr2+ in the ICSD or in the recent published structures (bibliography
databases), if not the exact compound itself. With only the cell
parameters, the search is longer, but still possible...

This is boring... This takes time.
This is why you have no answer : make the job (or propose a
collaboration for solving the structure if it is new ;-).

Best regards,

Armel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM