Re: [sdpd] powder diffraction data not in crystal structure databases

>This is boring... This takes time.

With remorse, taking 20 minutes for a partial exploration :

Seeing in ICSD (version 1997...)
    search for 1700 < V < 2000 A**3    :   1712 entries
    search for at least Sr/P/O              :   3731 entries
Combining the two searches : 83 entries

Looking at all of them : nothing corresponds...
But this does not allow the finding of possible isostructural
compounds...
Doing the same with Ba/P/O or Ca/P/O or Mg/P/O : nothing matches.

The access to a more recent version of ICSD is not in my desk...

Bibliographic search :

In the Web of Knowledge :

Searching for strontium AND phosphate : 358 publications
Searching for occurence of "I4" : no result matching the
cell in the abstracts.

But...

Not all entries in the Web of Knowledge have abstracts...
Not all people working on strontium phosphate will use
these two words in their title or abstract...

So the search is not completely conclusive.

And now the cost : CNRS says that its researchers can
expect to be paid 120 euros per hour when doing this
kind of stuff...

Best,

Armel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM