Re: [sdpd] Fullprof2k Problem

>    I'm use FullProf2k to refine the structure of SrLaBi3Ti4O15. When
>I use Whole Pattern Decomposition (profile matching) to withdraw the
>paramtere of profile, the parameter "Shape1" is larger than one when
>I use the model of Pseudo-Voigt (Npr=5), although the R value is
>lower than 10%. Then I use these parameters to do Rietveld
>refinement, the R value is very large. So could you please tell me
>what mean that the "Shape1" is larger than one? And how to overcome
>this problem?

If shape1 is larger than one you should try to fix it to 1.0 or 0.8 and
eventually refine it later.
If the agreement is not good you should try another peak shape function
(6 or 7 for instance).

>ps: I dont know how to use Pearson VII function (Npr=6), the program
>alway said that "Pearson VII M-value unacceptable!"
>Thank you!

The starting value should be higher than 1.0 (the typical value of 0.5
for the pseudo-voigt causes the above error message).

>Sincerely
>X.Q. Liu

Patrick Weisbecker

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM