Re: [sdpd] V4+

>I suspect that modeling the scattering from V(IV) in a compound using a gas
>phase V4+ scattering factor is not a good approximation to reality for most
>solids. Does anybody want to comment further on this?

I would ask for another comment...

Some mean atomic scattering factors for chemically
significant ions are lacking in the International Tables
for Crystallography.

The most obvious one is that of O2-.

Is there any good reason for continuing to not insert
the X-ray scattering factor of O2- into the International
Tables for Crystallography ? Anyway, people
refining oxide structures can find it elsewhere. So, is
that the decision of a very influent person or of a group
of influent persons in charge of the Tables ?-). Or do they
have forgotten it ? Strange isn't it ? Given that the scattering
factor for O1- is provided, and probably not used by many
crystallographers.

Armel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM