Re: [sdpd] V4+

My question :
this is a "powder" group, isn't it ? I wonder if there is any SIGNIFICANT
difference if you use a combination of i) powder (x-ray, synchrotron)
data and ii) a scattering curve for an ionized atom instead of a neutral
one. This could possibly work for a high quality single crystal data, but
for powders ? Please, don't tell me that with an ionized atom Rwp drops
for e.g 3%, this is hardly an argument.
Please, tell me that using of such a scattering curve has made your
refined interatomic distances more accurate, etc. ... give me an example,
please.

Best wishes,
Lubo Smrcok

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM