Re: [sdpd] Rietveld afinement

>I have an organic powder, I want refine this powder dy Rietveld methode,
>how time I must put for this analysis.
>you must known the cristallographic system : monoclinic ( space group is
>:P2/1)

The time is somewhere between one hour and the infinite ;-)
depending on your training, the cell volume, if you want to
locate the H atoms, the data quality, etc.

An expert may estimate from some of the above details that
it will be close to infinity and do not try it (there are limits to
what is possible from powder data)...

To be more precise needs seing the powder pattern, knowing
the molecular formula, knowing if there is already a complete
starting model, knowing your level in powder diffraction and
crystallography in general.

Best wishes,

Armel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM