Re: [sdpd] Hump ???

To all:
My experience, in similar cases, is to set a number of thick lead foils
around the slits and the detector, and to check the real path of the
spurious beam.
Scattering from the lower rim of the slits can also occur.

To Armel:
I wish you a successful solution of this problem.

Norberto

At 09.43 02/03/05, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The mystery is now evenmore thick... I recorded a
>new pattern this night, without sample, and it is
>confirmed that the single-humped camel (with sample)
>tranformed into a nice double-humped camel (without
>sample), periodical, d=4.4A...
>
>See the figure :
>http://www.cristal.org/empty2.jpg
>
>See the D8 Advance mounting :
>without sample, without holder
>http://www.cristal.org/nosample1.jpg
>wiithout sample, with empty holder
>http://www.cristal.org/nosample2.jpg
>The pattern with the Al2O2 NIST 1976 is
>obtained by just inserting the AL2O3 plate
>in the holder seen on the previous picture,
>and the second hump close to 40° disappears...
>
>Suggestions ?
>
>Armel
>
>PS - From my trip in Egypt in december 2004
>for the ESCA-9 workshop, hump confirmation :
>http://www.cristal.org/egypt-2004/13.jpg
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

  Norberto Masciocchi, Prof.
  Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche e Ambientali,
  Università dell'Insubria, via Valleggio 11, 22100 Como (Italy)
  Phone: +39-031-326227; FAX: +39-031-2386119
  norberto.masciocchi...@uninsubria.it
  http://scienze-como.uninsubria.it/masciocchi/
Hago cosas que me quitan un poco el mal gusto del vacìo.
Y ésa es en el fondo la mejor definiciòn del homo sapiens. (J.Cortàzar)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM