Re: [sdpd] band calculations

For a freeware package for doing molecular orbital, density of states,
crystal orbital overlap population, and band calculations, take a look at
YAeHMOP (Yet Another extended Huckel Molecular Orbital Program) from Roald
Hoffman's group at Cornell.  Do a Google Search on YAeHMOP and you'll find a
number of download and resource sites.  YAeHMOP is available for several
platforms, including several flavors of UNIX and pre-OS X Macintosh
(MacYAeHMOP).

    I don't know how accurate the results are, but I have found it very
useful in some of my work on iron sulfides.
Dr. James B. Murowchick
Associate Professor                         Office:  (816) 235-2979
Geosciences,    420 Flarsheim Hall     Fax:       (816) 235-5535
University of Missouri-Kansas City      E-mail: murowchickj...@umkc.edu
5110 Rockhill Road
Kansas City,   MO     64110

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM