[sdpd] Re: Bi-2212 CIF and Mercury /enCifer

--- In sdpd...@yahoogroups.com, a b <dabiziv...@y...> wrote:

> Please find below attached *.cif file based on the
> Petricek PRB 42 1 pp387 (1990) paper.
> I would appreciate if you might be able to run it
> through. Or tell me if I made some mistake in cif...

I too have had problems with cif files and Diamond. I dont
have Diamond at the moment, so cannot try it, sorry. Did you try to
import the cif file to JANA? In any case, you can write in the
structure yourself if import does not work. Do you expect that
visualization would be really different from commensurate Bi-2212
model? I'm curious since I would think the two end up very close to
each other.

You can check cif files at
http://journals.iucr.org/services/cif/checking/checkform.html
(I did have some trouble with it when checking a misfit structure but
it does find actual errors for you)

-Markus

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM