[sdpd] More money for no profit

Hi,

Powder diffractionists need access to many databases.
The trend is that some database "not for profit" providers,
are making unprecedented efforts in order to force their
clients to buy one licence per computer, following the same
efforts made by Microsoft with its Word/Excel/Powerpoint/etc
program suite (have you tried to install the latest version on
both your laptop and office computer ? No way... keep on with
the 2000 version...).

At least we should try to obtain from ICDD one licence
for one academic lab ?

With old versions (PDF2), even if this was not completely
authorized, this was possible through a multi-user search-match
program like EVA. Now, you will have to find more money
or to queue back the only one PC equipped in the lab.

Comments ?

Armel

PS - Should we start another useless petition ?;-).

PS2 - BTW, the "not for profit" COD will "offer" access to
24.000 entries by the end of the week.
http://www.crystallography.net/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/UIYolB/TM