[sdpd] GSAS instrument parameter file

Could someone please give me a bit of instruction on how to collect an
instrument parameter file for a lab powder XRD instrument that I can use in
GSAS?  I'm hoping to do some quantitative analysis using Rietveld, as well
as set up some exercises for my XRD class.

My understanding is that I need to collect a high-quality pattern using a
standard (LaB6 or Si or ?anything else?).  But what then?  How do I prepare
it for GSAS.  Can it be simply a 2-theta & counts text file?

I assume I need different instrument parameter files for different
wavelengths (We use Cu and Co, mainly).

I'm new to GSAS, but I cannot find step-by-step instructions anywhere.

Thanks for your help, and patience with a beginner.

Jim Murowchick

Dr. James B. Murowchick
Associate Professor, Geology
Department of Geosciences, 420 Flarsheim Hall
5110 Rockhill Rd., Kansas City, MO  64110
816 235-2979     Fax: 816 235-5535
murowchickj...@umkc.edu

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional