[IUCr Home Page]

Re: Computing School Prior to the Osaka 2008 meeting

That is a nice idea of Lachlans - more like a workshop than a school. We
did such things for introducing people to CCP4 libraries in the past.

You could get people like Ralf Grosse-Kustleve and Kevin Cowtan to
describe their C++ crystallographic libraries, and to set exercises (
that is really important!)

But would you raise enough students? And could the organisation provide
a suitable class room with  web access? I guess people would bring their
own laptops but they would want to access the web.

Eleanor