Re: [sdpd] My last comment...

>Why do you think there are 9 participants at the internet
>course but 100 at the workshop ?
>I am waiting for your >20  reasons which will soon show up.

One reason could be sufficient. It is exactly the same which
explains why universities offering both face to face and
distance learning courses observe at least ten time (if not
50 times) less students in the latter case : distance learning
is something quite difficult for the student which has to be
highly motivated and able to perform personal work, alone
behind his screen, most of the time, without any really imposed
schedule. Moreover, these students have frequently a full
time job simultaneously.

Statistics showing failing in distance education are probably
available somewhere, as well as statistics of failure in classical
university courses, Nobody has ever failed in following a workshop.
Another big difference, which could be reason 2, sufficient enough.
No evaluation, no diploma. What would you prefer, if you had the
choice ? I would choose a workshop, with friends, and beer...

So, have a nice workshop.

Best,

Armel Le Bail
http://www.cristal.org/