Re: [sdpd] The (small) budget makes the law

Lachlan wrote,

>Though I think it should be mandatory that the sample
>should also be solved by micro-crystal synchrotron
>techniques prior to any powder data being distributed
>so that a proper benchmark result is present.

For a good powder (1 < grain size < 5 microns), that would not
be possible. And this is exactly why SDPD has some interest.
The result from DASH (ex-DRUID) in June 1998 during the
first SDPD Round Robin compared quite well with the single
crystal data.
                    http://www.cristal.org/iniref/ecm18/t30.gif

Best,

Armel Le Bail