RE: [sdpd] Optimal instrument configuration

>Is this the best configuration and what advantages
>does the PSD have over a solid state detector (other than speed)?

Sorry to use up bandwidth, but I thought of another problem with the PSD -
without soller slits, it cannot collect data below about 5 degrees two
theta, because of scattering from the primary beam.  If you are studying
clays or zeolites, this could be a limitation.

				- K. Leinenweber

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/UIYolB/TM