Re: [sdpd] MgO etc. thermal expansion etc.

> Sorry my question is not related to the topic of the group. I wish someone
> happen to know the answer or could tell me the right place to ask (I had
> been with a newsgroup concerning materials science, unfortunately, I lost
> their address).
>
> I"m looking thermal expansion coefficent, thermal conductivity and
> electrical resistance of MgO, MgAl2O4 and MgIn2O4. I wish you can kindly
> help me out.

Apologies for very belated reply - was meaning to answer this earlire.

------------

Thermal expansion data:

For MgO and MgAl2O4 (accessible online) - and has many other
geochem relevant phases:

Yingwei Fei - Mineral Physics and Crystallography A Handbook of Physical
Constants AGU Reference Shelf 2 Copyright 1995 by the American
Geophysical Union.
     http://www.agu.org/reference/minphys/6_fei.pdf

------------

Though I would recommend always trying to refer to the following for
thermal data (for thermal expansion, Touloukian includes most of the
published data - with a set of "recommended values") :

Thermal expansion: Metallic elements and alloys, In Thermophysical
Properties of Matter, vol. 12, edited by Y. S. Touloukian and C. Y. Ho,
Plenum, New York, 1975.

Thermal expansion: Nonmetallic solids, In Thermophysical Properties of
Matter, vol. 13, edited by Y. S. Touloukian and C. Y. Ho, Plenum, New
York, 1977.

The up to date version of this is:

 "Thermophysical Properties of Matter -

  https://cindasdata.com/Products

But it costs a fortune!!! (think thousands of US dollars - not hundreds)
With perhaps the exceptions of the ICSD and CCDC, Database/scientific
reference book publishers are majorly in ripoff mode in this present
time?

-------------

Lachlan

--
-----------------------
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

(please use clear titles in any Email - otherwise messages might
accidentally get put in the SPAM list due to large amount of junk
Email being received. If you don't get an expected reply to any
messages, please try again.)

(Essayez d'utiliser des titres explicites - sans quoi vos messages
pourraient aboutir dans un dossier de rebuts, du fait de la quantite
tres importante de pourriels recue. Si vous n'obtenez pas la reponse
attendue, merci de bien vouloir renvoyer un message.)

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/UIYolB/TM