Re: [sdpd] Indexing problem

Dear Cristian

Consider the possibility that you have a small triclinic distortion of
this monoclinic cell, which becomes significant only at higher 2Theta.

A good way to test this would be to use the monoclinic cell as basis set
in Mmap, and allow alpha* and gamma* to be varied in small steps from
their initial monoclinic values of 90 deg.  One of these reciprocal
angles would need to be allowed to take both acute and obtuse values, the
other need only take acute values.

If a triclinic distortion is present, you should find that the figure of
merit maximum has moved out into one or other of these quadrants of
alpha*/gamma*.

The effect should become more clearly determined if you calculate against
only the apparently anomalous higher angle reflections, since the low
angle lines will not be contributing much signal.

With best wishes

Robin Shirley