Re: [sdpd] Re: Question on the refinament of Bi-2212 incommensurate structure

Dear Mr. Dabiziv,

Be careful with anviruses running on your PC when you try to use JANA.
Some antivirus programs report a virus in jana2000.exe or in
janainst.exe. Read more at
http://www-xray.fzu.cz/jana/Jana2000/virusmsg.html
When I try to run JANA2000 on my PC (Windows 2000 with active AcAfee
VirusScan) I need to reboot computer with a powder button - it buzzes,
does not respond or show any error message.
When I deactivate AcAfee VirusScan (and unplug a network cable :)
I can run JANA successfully and safely.

Good luck,
 Yaroslav Filinchuk

d> Dr Cranswick,
d> I appreciate your response.
d> My problem with Yana is that it installed, however whenever I try to
d> run it the following error appears:
d> "F:\Programs\Crystal Modeling\jana2000.exe is not a valid Win32
d> application"
d> I had synthesized a number of phase pure Bi-2212 samples that
d> apparently form a solid solution and would like to extract lattice
d> parameters and possibly atom positions for further modeling within GULP...
d> Thank yopu for your time

d> Regards
d> Dabiziv

d> --- In sdpd...@yahoogroups.com, "L. Cranswick" <l.m.d.cranswick...@d...> wrote:

>> What problem do you have when you try and install Jana?
>> (error message?)
>>
>> Jana2000 is currently the main refinement program for
>> incommensurate structures (sort of the Shelx of the
>> incommensurate world)
>>
>> There is a list of software for handling incommensurate
>> structures at:
>>
>>   http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/solution/incomm.htm
>>
>> Also, the latest IUCr Computing Commission newsletter
>> included Incommensurates in it most recent newsletter
>> (available online) - with information on Jana and XND.
>>
>>   http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/comm/ccom/newsletters/2005jan/
>>
>>   Fifth issue with the theme of "At Right Angles to Conventional
>> Crystallographic reality: incommensurate structures, quasicrystals
>> and pair distribution functions".
>>
>> Lachlan.
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> > could someone please suggest windows software for the
>> > refinament of the Bi-2212 incommensurate structure.
>> > I presume that not so many people are interested in
>> > high temperature superconductors so I would appreciate
>> > any suggestions on the refinament of the
>> > incommensurate structures in general, from the powder
>> > XRD patterns (CuKalpha).
>> > I am aware of the ccp14 published software Jana2000
>> > and Remos (for unix) however I am unable to install
>> > Jana on Win2000. As for Fullprof I am not aware of the
>> > tutorial covering refinament of incommensurates.
>> > Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Sincerely
>> > Dabiziv

>> --
>> -----------------------
>> Lachlan M. D. Cranswick
>> Contact outside working hours /
>>   Coordonnees en dehors des heures de travail:
>> E-mail / courriel: lachlan...@m...   Home Tel: (613) 584-4226
>> Mobile/Cell: 613 401 3433   WWW: http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/
>>         P.O. Box 2057, Deep River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1P0
>>
>> (please use clear titles in any Email - otherwise messages might
>> accidentally get put in the SPAM list due to large amount of junk
>> Email being received. If you don't get an expected reply to any
>> messages, please try again.)
>>
>> (Essayez d'utiliser des titres explicites - sans quoi vos messages
>> pourraient aboutir dans un dossier de rebuts, du fait de la quantite
>> tres importante de pourriels recue. Si vous n'obtenez pas la reponse
>> attendue, merci de bien vouloir renvoyer un message.)

d> Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/UIYolB/TM