Re: [sdpd] Re: Seen at Geneva - Call for reviews

 > My opinion is that large scale facilities like ESRF should be leaders in
 > developing software for the public domain.

I'd prefer that ESRF concentrates on remaining a leader in providing high
quality data. But nevertheless....

PRODD is still available via ccp14, unaffected by my move here. It can now
do Pawley style refinements of severly overlapped patterns containing more
than 10,000 peaks. Admittedly it still needs a better manual and doesn't
handle lab x-ray data. If anyone is interested in helping to fix the lab
x-ray stuff, please get in touch with me.

There are numerous other (and better) examples of software from large
facilities (GSAS, PSSP etc). My favourite is the world wide web, which came
from cern.

 > Yes, if I can find time (??), I could make the open source job and modify
 > ESPOIR.

So please do it!

Jon

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now